Car accidents are the most common type of personal injury claim filed in the U.S., which isn’t surprising because more than two million people suffer injuries in crashes each year. Despite the fact that many major cities have developed efficient public transportation, millions of people still use their cars to drive to work, run errands, and embark on road trips during the summer. And while it may seem like car accident claims are simply about who was and wasn’t at-fault, there are a number of other factors that can complicate these claims and require the expert handling of a seasoned car accident lawyer.
Media, PA car accident lawyer
Ready to discuss your car accident concerns? I’m ready to listen. Call the Law Office of Steven F. O’Meara at 610-565-9200 to discuss your car accident in Media or any of the surrounding areas in Delaware County, including, Springfield, Woodlyn, Broomall, Chester, Drexel Hill, Lansdowne, Darby, or Yeadon.
Understanding the most common causes of car accidents can help you take action to prevent these types of crashes, which include:
- Rear-End Collisions – Driver distraction is a major contributor to the increase in rear-end collisions. If a driver’s eyes or hands are off the wheel, it makes it very difficult for that driver to apply the brakes in time to avoid hitting the back of the vehicle in front. And in some cases, a rear-end collision can trigger a chain-reaction that creates multiple accidents, especially on a congested highway.
- Striking a Parked Car – Vehicle drivers can strike your parked car when they are trying to back out of a parking spot, or when they are driving too closely to your parked car as they travel down the road.
- Side-Impact Collisions – These are also known as ‘T-bone’ crashes, in which another car hits the side of your vehicle. This usually occurs at an intersection or a four-way stop sign when the driver of the other vehicle fails to yield right of way.
- Clipping Cars During Merging – When the driver of another vehicle tries to merge into your lane without making sure that there is enough room, this usually causes a sideswipe accident in which the vehicle clips the side of your car.
The most common car accident injuries in Media, PA
Despite advancements in automobile safety features, car accidents can still cause serious injuries, including:
- Whiplash – Whiplash is caused by the abrupt jerking motion of your neck when a car comes to a sudden stop. Whiplash symptoms include tightness and stiffness in the neck, headaches, and back and shoulder pain.
- Head/Back Injuries – Some car accidents can cause brain injuries such as concussions due to the trauma of your head hitting some part of your vehicle with blunt force. Other injuries include spinal cord damage and herniated disks.
- Lower Body Injuries – Car accidents can also cause pelvic fractures, cracked ribs and broken legs.
- Psychological Injuries – The trauma of surviving a car accident can also cause emotional and psychological distress. In fact, nearly 10 percent of car accident survivors develop post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Should I get a lawyer after a car accident?
Automobiles are an important factor in how people live their lives. Unfortunately car accidents are also a leading cause of injury in Pennsylvania because people are so dependent on them and take their operation for granted. The high volume of traffic as a result of commuters traveling to and from their employment and social activities increases these risks. People using the beltway around the city of Philadelphia, the Blue Route, Route 1, Route 3, Route 30 and I‑476 only exacerbates everyone’s risks.
That is why if you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident that has resulted in serious bodily injury it is important that you seek immediate medical attention. It is equally important to speak with a knowledgeable car accident lawyer so that you know your rights and what monetary damages you might be entitled to recover.
I handle all types of automobile accident cases including:
- Single, multi-vehicle accidents
- Wrecks involving trucks, motorcycles and SUVs
- Crashes with scooters and bicycles
- Being hit by a drunk driver
- Collisions with construction equipment and road hazards
It is imperative that if you have been injured you contact our offices at 610-565‑9200 or email now for a free consultation.
The benefits of hiring a car accident lawyer in Media, PA
We will negotiate in an effort to achieve maximum compensation for all your medical expenses, pain and suffering and economic damages associated with the injuries you have sustained.
If you’re a passenger in a motor vehicle we will negotiate with the driver of your car insurance company. Even that motorist is not negligent you recover from that individual under Pennsylvania Statutes.
Even if the negligent motorist is uninsured you have rights to seek recovery under your own insurance company and entitled to full protection under the law to recovery for your injuries.
Media, PA Car Accident Lawyer vs. Insurance Company
It’s important to remember that the insurance company of the person who was at fault in a car accident wants to pay out as little as possible in compensation for your injuries. That’s why you need to hire an experienced car accident lawyer to negotiate a settlement that is fair and just. Please call the Law Offices of Steven F. O’Meara at 610-565-9200 to schedule an appointment. We take an aggressive stance in handling your car accident claim and making sure you get the compensation you deserve.
An insurance company will approach you quickly and attempt to settle your matter. They will also ask you for a statement as soon as possible and they will do so by asking you leading questions so that you will make admissions to them concerning the motor vehicle accident. These admissions will help their insured but not help you. It is always advantageous to get your own counsel to help you throughout this process.
Law Offices of Steven F. O’Meara | Media, PA Car Accident Attorney
We do not shy away from a challenge. We will investigate all aspects of your car accident claim and make sure that all parties to an action shall pay your medical bills, monetary losses and pain and suffering.
The Law Offices of Steven F. O’Meara have been handling personal injury matters concerning car accidents for well over 20 years. We firmly believe in providing individual attention to our clients because we understand this is an emotional, confusing time. We are there to explain all the options available and help you make informed decisions about the direction of your case.